Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Time Flies

            I can't believe it has been exactly one year since I had my neck and spine fusion surgery. I am so thankful to my doctor, Dr. Alleyne and his team. So grateful for my family, church and friends who were so supportive. It was a very stressful time for me. So much was going on a year ago. I almost did not have the surgery. There was a real chance that i would lose my voice. The severity of my condition was going to cause the doctor to replace 3 discs in my spine with 3 artificial discs. The surgeon would have to go through the front of my neck and dangerously close to my voice box. I am thankful for the precision of the doctor and the grace of God. It was tough having to be home bound for a few weeks and not driving for a month. I was able to get back to preaching(with a neck brace on) after a few weeks. I can truly say that I have gotten better this year. I am now on a strict exercise regimen that is making me stronger every single day. I still have my challenges, as my body is constantly adjusting, however it was a great decision to have it dealt with. Grateful to God for His healing and power. PG